Monday, October 04, 2010

Day 4 of 30 - Your favorite book

I do not read nearly as much as I used to, although I am quite fond of the audiobook. Probably the book I have read and reread more than any other has been the Bible, but I don't think that would be a satisfying answer to the 'Your Favorite Book' question because it is too trite and obvious.

At times I have gone through phases where I read the complete works of Stephen King, Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Vonnegut, Clive Barker, John Irving, Joe Hill, Neil Gaiman, Neil Postman, and Walker Percy. I am a big fan of 'Confederacy of Dunces' as well. I am one of those obnoxious people who completely adore '7 Habits of Highly Effective People' and I have to admit that most of my reading over the past five years or so has been limited to non-fiction. (I also have lots of love for 'Flawless Consulting' - seriously, that book helps me every day.)

However, I am going to dodge all of these books and just say that my favorite book is the one I wrote - '26 Short Screenplays for Independent Filmmakers.'



I love this book, even going as far as to write a five-star review of it on Amazon. It makes a good Christmas present. It makes a good birthday present. By just putting it on your bookshelf, you become more interesting. People will think you are an independent filmmaker and will treat you with awe and respect. The Sundance Film festival might just call you to say, "Hey." You never know what will happen when you buy the book.

No comments: