Thursday, July 10, 2008

That Book Meme Thing

This will be short and sweet.

Blogger.com does not really allow you to create blog posts as drafts and then rearrange them when they are ready to be published. So when you pre-draft your next week's worth of blog entries, inevitably something comes up and you have to delete them, add the new blog entry in the right spot, and recreate them later. Ach, Blogger, thank goodness you are free, otherwise I might complain.

So I got tagged with this book meme thing. Here are the instructions:


1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you. Sorry. I don't tag other people. There is an established precedent.

There are two non-technical books by my computer at home. Because Oscar Wilde was featured in a previous entry, I'm using the other book.

"I've often dreamt about falling off a tower and never reaching the ground, and when I've woken up I've felt as weak and exhausted as if I really had fallen off it."

"That's the funny thing about it, lady," said Sancho Panza. "I wasn't dreaming at all, I was wider awake than I am now, yet I'm almost as badly bruised as my master Don Quixote."

From Don Quixote by Cervantes

7 comments:

Maida said...

My first meme

BTW, I still have all the Rucka books you lent me like 10 years ago. Which ones are yours? I should probably send them back to you...

NoRegrets said...

What a wonderful wonderful snippet.

Um, does this mean you don't like to be tagged?

M. Robert Turnage said...

Maida, no. Please hold on to the book. Right now, one of our #1 problems in terms of home repair/moving/storage/etc. is what to do with all the books. You are doing a favor by keeping it.

NoR, I don't mind being tagged, but I don't send it along. It is my life long ambition to break every chain. This doesn't work out when I'm on a ship and see a chain attached to an anchor, though.

M. Robert Turnage said...

Hey! It looked like Maida tagged herself! And with a Rucka book! I can't stop using exclamation points!

Wow! So even if I don't tag someone, I might secretly tag someone. You learn something new everyday.

Maida said...

Okay, okay - I guess I'll keep them :)

I know - voluntary self tagging - what a concept. Since I had just put that book down when I got the RSS feed, I had to take a peek. And plug Rucka. And hope I didn't get spoiled because I was only on page 118 at the time.

I only pass on content that intrigues me. If I like the content of a chain email, I'll pass it on - but I'll remove any "send it to 10 people or you will die" type text.

That's just me :)

Tera said...

You know what's funny? I don't own many books...then again MrT I bet you knew that huh?

M. Robert Turnage said...

Tera, I don't make any assumptions about you or your reading habits. I prefer to let you be a mystery to me.