Friday, December 08, 2006

Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me About This?

I'm trying to put together my 2006 CD list of songs I really liked this past year. When, out of the blue, I fall totally in love with Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins.

The first inclination I had, especiallly when I saw the January 2006 release date, was, "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS?" I asked around to a few hipster friends, and they were all, "Whoa. That is an awesome album. I thought you already knew about it."

So I did some checking around with my normal media feeds. One of her songs was played in the Coverville podcast and NPR featured her in a concert.

Somehow I missed the boat on this one. Oh, well. Thank to several Top 10 Albums of 2006 lists, I was able to find Jenny Lewis, the Watson Twins, and their music.

This music is so good, it is hard for me to believe they are all from L.A.

No comments: