Friday, February 09, 2007

Surreal Educational Podcast

This podcast is all me.

Like most self-conscious people, I’m not the world’s biggest fan of my voice. And there are parts of this that make me cringe. I also think it sounds a little over-produced in some places.

Having said all that, I think there are some really good bits in this. I like the entire idea of surrealism being presented like it was a monster truck rally, and the echo effect when I say SIGMUND FREUD is pretty cool.

I want to say that the idea behind this podcast is some sort of meta-commentary about how surrealism started out as this interesting thought experiment in the artistic community and quickly devolved into a lowest common denominator form of entertainment which continues to ripple through our culture, destroying the lines between “high art” and “low art” to the point where visiting a museum and going to a monster truck rally are indistinguishable, BUT the truth of the matter is that I can only do one or two funny voices, and the Truck Rally Announcer voice had to fit in somewhere here.

Having said all that, here is the surrealism podcast!

No comments: